Positive Reinforcement & The Liquid Treat Trainers Love
The benefits of training with the Lickety Stik and Feline Lickety Stik
KNOXVILLE, TN (February 28, 2013) – There’s a lot to love about the Lickety Stik® and Feline Lickety StikTM by PetSafe®, but trainers are especially fond of the liquid line of treats. So, what sets the Lickety Stik and Feline Lickety Stik apart from the million other treats they have to choose from? We went to the professionals and asked that exact question. Trainer Neika Smessaert – a Victoria Stilwell Positively Dog Training partner, Behavioral Specialist and Registered Veterinary Technician in South Bend, Indiana – couldn’t help but count
Reasons I love training with the Lickety Stik
· It’s a low-calorie reward with a high value – serving only 1 calorie in 10 canine licks or 20 kitty licks.
· When working with grabby pets and/or “hand shy” family members, the Lickety Stik and Feline Lickety Stik teaches the pet to slow down. Because the reward only comes when they lick the Lickety Stik, it helps prevent grabbing, stealing and nipping.
· It creates a positive experience for both the pet and the parent, encouraging bonding in the process. It’s great for encouraging kids to interact with their pet.
· When training to loose leash walk, it’s a perfect food lure.
· In cold weather you’re able to actively reward good behavior and still wear gloves. No more cold, wet slobber hands.
· The variety of flavors prevents boredom and can fit any pet’s preference.
· Best yet, all these benefits perfectly compliment my motto, “When you know better, you do better!”
Look for the Lickety Stik line of liquid, lickable treats – uniquely packaged in a roller-ball dispenser with a screw-on cap for mess-free treating – at pet specialty retailers and online merchants. To learn more, visit www.petsafe.net/licketystik or www.facebook.com/PetSafeBrand.
Headquartered in Knoxville, Tenn., PetSafe leads the industry in the development of innovative pet behavior, containment and lifestyle product solutions. With the recent introduction of Lickety Stik, the company is establishing an entirely new category of pet treats. Visit www.petsafe.net for more information.
The Lickety Stik family of lickable treats for dogs and cats is the choice among pet professionals and pet parents alike, and is proudly made in the USA. The original canine Lickety Stik was named “product of the year” on ABC-TV’s “Good Morning America” by Dr. Marty Becker. Feline Lickety Stik joined the line of PetSafe treats in June of 2012 and is the proud recipient of the Cat Fancy Editors’ Choice Award. Look for the latest product additions to the Lickety Stik brand, LiquiMints and Lickety Stik Gel, to debut on the market later this spring. For details, visitwww.petsafe.net.