NEW SUPER-PREMIUM PET FOOD COMPANY FREEHAND™ MAKING ITS MARK IN THE PET FOOD INDUSTRY AND AT GLOBAL PET EXPO IN ORLANDO, FLORIDA
ORLANDO, Feb. 20, 2013 – FreeHand™ will be a featured exhibitor at the Global Pet Expo – the pet industry’s largest annual trade show, presented by the American Pet Products Association (APPA) and Pet Industry Distributors Association (PIDA). From February 20-22, FreeHand will be sharing its product vision with pet retailers, distributors and buyers from across the U.S and around the world.
In just over half a year since its product launch, FreeHand pet food’s mission to help save homeless dogs, as well as the super-premium quality of its product is generating a lot of buzz and accolades from well-respected sources in the pet industry. The company has attracted exciting new owners and new resellers, distributors and partners are getting on board with the FreeHand mission to help spread the word.
· FreeHand has been purchased by Relativity Media CEO and philanthropist Ryan Kavanaugh along with his wife Britta Lazenga-Kavanaugh and other partners. Ryan Kavanaugh said he sees FreeHand as a solution to help save millions of dogs who are euthanized because shelters and rescues can’t afford to feed them, describing the FreeHand mission as “an ecosystem for good”™.
· FreeHand was awarded Dogington Post’s Gold Medal for Best Dry Dog Food for 2012 following a poll of online readers. The Dogington Post is an internet newspaper well-respected in the pet industry reaching 2.5 million readers per week.
· Managing Director and Co-founder Tom Bagamane and the FreeHand mission were named one of Pet Product News International’s Top 25 To Watch in 2013.
· After its initial launch in Southern California, Dallas-Fort Worth and Indianapolis, FreeHand has expanded into the major markets of Austin, Las Vegas, Colorado, Upstate New York and is finalizing details for distribution into the New York Tri-State area in the coming weeks.
· It was the innovative and passionate mission that attracted FreeHand’s new distribution partner for Texas – Waterloo Pet Provisions. Waterloo is a wholesale pet products distributor serving independent retailers, pet stores, groomers and veterinarians in Texas.
· FreeHand is partnering with PawTV, a unique digital network targeted to animal lovers, to put a TV screen in each of FreeHand’s resellers, (which will feature homeless dogs currently being fed by FreeHand resellers and rescues that are available for adoption.)
FreeHand is the first model of its kind in the pet food industry that matches each purchase pound for pound, scoop for scoop, meal for meal™ and donates that amount to a local rescue or shelter.
“It has been an exciting ride since our product launch in June, 2012,” said Tom Bagamane , FreeHand’s Managing Director and Co-founder. “We have many retail partners and veterinarians, fans, friends and FreeHand Corps members who have contributed their support and passion in building our brand. We know they are with us because of our commitment to help save dogs’ lives while providing the best in balanced nutrition,” added Bagamane.
“Since our June launch, FreeHand – through our resellers – has supplied more than 16,000 pounds, or 46,000 meals, to homeless dogs in our U.S. market areas. Consumers can choose from many dog food brands, but no other product has our mission to help save dogs’ lives. We’re passionate about this mission and thrilled with the impact we are seeing in such a short time.”
“These food donations buy more time for rescue dogs to find loving homes; freeing up vital funds to allow under-funded rescues or shelters to reduce other costs like veterinary fees and medications. So, our customers actually contribute ‘double the love’ by simply switching their dogs over to FreeHand. Our ultimate goal is to see an end to euthanasia as a means of reducing shelter overcrowding,” Bagamane emphasized.
FreeHand customers have the satisfaction of knowing they are feeding their dogs super-premium natural and holistic food – field tested as well as veterinarian-approved and endorsed for superior nutritional value and great taste. FreeHand products are made from the best ingredients in the world – including lamb meal from New Zealand and Norwegian salmon meal – and contain no wheat, corn or soy.
Talk to Tom Bagamane and learn more about FreeHand’s products and mission at the Global Pet Expo booth #3280.
Learn more about FreeHand and the FreeHand Corps (FHC) movement on Facebook, where the company already has over 87,000 “likes”, or Twitter.
For more information, please visit www.LendaFreeHand.com, Facebook or Twitter.